DEFEND JERUSALEM filed a report with the head of the Jerusalem’s Education Administration demanding action in regard to the Dar al-Aytam (Orphan House) High School. DEFEND JERUSALEM has learned that the school, located in the Old City of Jerusalem, has become an epicenter of hostile anti-Israel activity coordinated and perpetrated activists who serve the Palestinian Authority and the Fatah terrorist movement.
The Government of Israel has, on numerous occasions, issued warnings and restraining orders to the school’s administration that the nefarious activities it conducts on behalf of the Palestinian Authority and Fatah must cease and desist. These legal rulings have largely been ignored and the Dar al-Aytam School continues to serve as a nerve center for hostile operations waged by organized groups against the State of Israel and the capital. The violence that emanates from the school—by faculty and the students they lead—are incited by Samir Jibril, who is the PA’s Education Bureau Director for “Governate” of Jerusalem, and Ziad al-Shamali, who is identified as Parents Teacher Coordinator for the PA “Governate” of Jerusalem.
DEFEND JERUSALEM is very concerned concerning the status quo of the situation in the Old City and how the Dar al-Aytam School is inciting violent and terrorist acts against the citizens of Jerusalem. DEFEND JERUSALEM wants to know:
- Are the educational authorities in the Greater Jerusalem Municipility aware of the dangers emanating from the Dar al-Aytam School?
- Is the Dar al-Aytam School under the regulatory supervision of the Jerusalem’s Education Administration?
- Does the Dar al-Aytam School receive official funding from the Jerusalem’s Education Administration?
- Has the Jerusalem’s Education Administration taken any substantive actions involving the school’s affiliation with the Palestinian Authority and Fatah? If so, what actions have been taken?
- What does the Jerusalem’s Education Administration intend to do about the school and its use as a base of the incitement of violence and the supporting of terrorist activity.
DEFEND JERUSALEM and all those concerned with the safety and security of Jerusalem and the well-being of all its law-abiding citizens await the Jerusalem’s Education Administration’s response.